Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gymnastics Meet

Flipping Over Gymnastics
My friend from Alabama, Courtney (who happened to move to Dallas also), and I went to a NCAA gymnastics meet last night at the Fort Worth Convention Center.  I love watching gymnastics and used to compete myself, so you can imagine how excited I was to see some of the best college teams compete! 

On our way to Fort Worth, we ran into some traffic on I-30.  About twenty minutes later, we found out what the hold-up was --- a small fender bender between, well, how to say this and be "pc"... I'll just say that there were four people out of their cars, yelling at each other in the middle of the interstate, one without a shirt on (yes, she was wearing only a bra that appeared to be too small) and a strappy, black pleather shoe was thrown in the middle of the interstate.  Ah, south Dallas... 
*Sorry, but I do not have a photo of this most interesting event.

We decided to get Mexican food for dinner at Joe T Garcia's, a very popular Fort Worth restaurant.  Well, plans changed once we saw the line.  If we had waited then we wouldn't have seen any of the gymnastics meet!  We found another Mexican restaurant around the corner and had a nice meal.

To The Meet
Courtney navigated us all around town on her i phone, I'm not that fancy so I'm glad she was in charge of directions!

I haven't ever been through downtown Fort Worth at night, but it was so cute!  It was so lively and full of people. There were trees lit up with little lights all in them and an outdoor concert going on.  I'll have to go back one day.

There were four teams at the meet: Alabama, Nebraska, LSU, and Missouri.  Alabama dominated the meet (probably because they had the cutest outfits).  Watching all the events brought back so many good memories for me and made me wonder what I could still do (if anything!).  I enjoyed my gymnastics experience so much and if I had a daughter, I would definitely enroll her in classes. 

Thanks for a great time, Courtney!



No comments:

Post a Comment