Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Great Balls of...Oreo!

Oreo Balls
I made Oreo balls (similar to cake balls but better!) for a party that I went to last night and they turned out great.  I made some covered in white chocolate and some covered in milk chocolate. 



Recipe (Courtesy of my Mom)
One package of Oreos - crushed in a blender or food processor
One 8 oz package of room-temperature cream cheese - I used low fat, even fat free would be fine
One bag of white chocolate chips
One bag of milk chocolate chips

Blend/process Oreos until fine.  Combine Oreos and all the cream cheese in a mixer, mix until it all comes together.  Roll in little balls and put them on parchment paper and in the freezer for a few hours. 

Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave, dip the balls in the chocolate and let harden on a piece of parchment/wax paper.  Repeat the process with the milk chocolate chips.  Put them in the fridge until ready to serve.

Eat and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I made these last Christmas for gifts and they were delicious! makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie - Finally catching up on your blog!
    I love these. But why do mine not turn out to be so pretty like yours?!?

    ReplyDelete