Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas One and Christmas Two... Merry, Merry Christmas to You!

Christmas One: 12.22.10 Dallas, Texas
We celebrated Christmas twice this year, one at home in Dallas and one in Griffin, GA with the Eidsons.  Mom doesn't trust us to not open packages before birthdays, holidays etc (when I say 'us' I really mean Will).  So, she finds alternate ways to deliver packages to us.  Example: For our first married Christmas we stayed in Lincoln, NE, Mom being 'mom' she wanted to surprise us and found a neighbor of my Mimi in Tennessee who's daughter lived in Lincoln. Convoluted, I know. Anyways, the day before Christmas our doorbell rings and Will answers it in his house robe, since we were not expecting any visitors of course, and it's all our Christmas presents being delivered by the neighbors of my grandmother! I digress...
Back to Christmas number one, Mom had all our packages delivered via a Spanish Fort neighbor, Brenda*, who was driving out to Dallas to have Christmas with her daughter and son-in-law (Courtney and Tyler). We had lots of fun opening packages together the night before we left for Atlanta. Evidenced below.





Will looking out the window for a new car (hoping it would come with the car-care kit!).

Man in his favorite material - spandex.

Running outfit from Mom (I just happened to have matching socks already)!
Thanks for all the Christmas presents Mom, Dad, Alan, Mimi, Big Daddy, Nannie and Carla!

Christmas Two: 12.25.10 Griffin, Georgia
We arrived in the Atlanta airport at 10:00 am on December 23rd, for those of you doing the math, we lost an hour and had to get up at 3:20 am...we are crazy, I know.  Ah, Atlanta...

Most of our time was spent laying around the house on the couch, doing nothing but relaxing and eating; exactly the way a holiday should be spent!  I must note that Mr E and I did get in a few good runs while I was there, too bad we don't live closer, he would make a good running buddy (minus the outfits... sorry Mr E but it's true... we know what to get you next Christmas now!).  I would say that you could run with my Mom in those outfits because she runs with pigs, but even little Linda has stepped up her running-outfit game and has some nice, new, pink dry-wick clothing thanks to my Dad. 

Mrs E hosted a pre-Christmas luncheon and kindly invited over the Classens, Stagers, and some friends from The Woods, Will's Grandma Doris's retirement home.  There were lots of desserts, a fried turkey, and many a casserole, broccoli, sweet potato and vegetable to name a few.  We had a very nice time with all the family.


Will and Jennifer working on a Christmas puzzle.


Kissing under real mistletoe from the yard. If it looks like Will is being forced to kiss me, he was.  He really loves public displays of affection :)

Below are a few photos of the Christmas decorations the Eidsons have put up. They put my decorating to shame, three Christmas trees, 26 nativities (yes, twenty-six!!), and rooms and rooms full of decor!  Mrs E is one of the most avid collectors I know and she did a lovely job spreading holiday cheer.







A special thanks to the Eidsons for getting me my own personalized stocking holder!

We woke up early on Christmas day and found presents galore!  Santa had come in the middle of the night and showed up with stockings and presents.  We must have been extra-good this year because he had already brought us stockings and presents to Dallas!







Thanks for the presents Mr & Mrs E and Mr Harper!
Merry Christmas to all!

*Shout-out to Brenda, thanks for always reading my blog. It's nice to know that I'm not just rambling into cyber-space!

No comments:

Post a Comment