Monday, December 5, 2011

Moroccan Stoup

Our weather has gotten colder so it's definitely soup season.  I made a delicious Moroccan stoup (stew/soup) that we ate for about four days.  It was delicious and had lots of great spices, beans and vegetables.  I'm not going to go into detail about the ingredients and directions, for sake of time, but will be happy to share it with you if you are interested - just leave me a comment.

Here are some photos of the process and how it turned out.
Lots of great spices, including: clove, turmeric,
cumin, cinnamon, curry, ginger, etc.

This recipe called for carrots (which I HATE),
so I decided to try parsnips and loved them! 
 I just added a new vegetable to my repertoire.

Chopped up veggies: onion, parsnips, potatoes,
sweet potatoes and kale.

Cook down onions. I used 'faux' butter, a touch of evoo
and a touch of red wine to simmer.





Added chopped, dried apricots at the end.
Final product - warm, flavorful and delicious!
(Sorry for the orientation of the last
two photos - technical errors!)

No comments:

Post a Comment