Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cross-Country Ski Anyone?

Well, we ventured out into the mountains again this past weekend.  Surprised, I know.  But this time we mixed it up and took a cross-country ski lesson, then hit the trails.  It's definitely a great cardio work out and I used muscles (particularly in my inner hip area) that I hadn't used in a while.  Will and I met another couple in the class who had just recently moved to Seattle, Valerie and Wade, who were out for the first time doing cross-country as well.  As it turns out, Will and I were not the only ones who were sore the next day.  I also learned that I need some major brush-up on my technique and 'stopping' skills --- bruised knees will verify ;)

Below are few photos from our Saturday snow outing at the Snoqualmie Summit Nordic Center.





That's Will coming down the pass
and Wade trying not to fall down.

Photo courtesy of Wade.

Photo courtesy of Wade.

No comments:

Post a Comment