Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Catch Up!

Where have I been?  Well, let me tell you.  I have been unpacking and setting up house in Seattle. Our furniture and tons of boxes arrived last week so I have been super creative and figured out how to fit all of our stuff into our small(er) rental.  So, we are cozy, but we fit!

I've also been playing a lot!  This past Saturday, we snowshoed at Kendall Peak Lakes. 
http://www.wta.org/go-hiking/hikes/kendall-peak-lakes-snowshoe
We expected more of a hike/trail, but it ended up being a snow-covered road.  Probably best for cross country skiing.  But, the views were still lovely from the top.







On Sunday we did some outdoor gear shopping...the list of needs keeps getting longer it seems.  I got a new day pack and a camelback, which I used on my trip on Monday to Mt Rainier National Park (you are in for a treat once I post those photos!!).  We were mainly in Ballard, and they had their farmers market open, which was a lovely way to stroll around on a Sunday.  I bought some of my new favorite vegetables, parsnips.

Yes, it was cold.  And we forgot to dress appropriately.
Stay tuned for more updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment