Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snowshoeing

Did I make that word up? Nope, I thought I did but then I checked my good 'ole friend dictionary.com and it's an actual word!  We are taking up snowshoeing this winter and went to REI for a free class last night -Intro to Snowshoeing.  It was very informative and they went over all the equipment you would need and gave us some good recommendations on places to go.  Supposedly there is a really long snowshoeing season here, depending on which mountains you go to, but apparently you can snowshoe from November through May, maybe even June or July. 

I'm hoping to find some nice pink snowshoes and will have to find a matching ensemble of course :)
REI HQ in Seattle - we have been there about four times already.

Something like this would do me nicely, maybe a tad more
pink though. I could always do a purple snowshoe
if I had a purple outfit.

1 comment:

  1. Vinny and I love to snowshoe!!!!
    We bought Atlas shoes last winter and absolutely Love them We had some from L.L.Bean!and they were kind of cumbersome.We've snowshoed for quite a few years.
    If you are planning on hiking in them make sure they flex to accomodate for the uneven terrain.We love snowshoeing. It gives you the flexibility to be outside in the winter.

    ReplyDelete