Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Drumroll Please...

*Photo credit www.istaygreen.org
Name that city.  If you said Seattle, you'd be correct.  Here's the scoop -- we will be living there in about two weeks!  Yes, you heard correctly, we will be moving from Dallas and setting up shop (and by 'shop,' I mean our rental home) as Washington residents.

If you're thinking, 'hum, I kind of know where Seattle is, but not exactly' I will help you out.
*Photo credit google.com/images
We decided it was time for a change and wanted to live somewhere that better suited our outdoor/active lifestyle.  Dallas' 100+ degree weather just isn't cutting it anymore.  Yes, I know, it rains in Seattle.  But, did you know that Chattanooga, TN gets more inches of rain per year than Seattle?  It just rains more often, but light drizzle, less pour-down.

So... here we go!  Off and running on our new adventure.  I am going to try to post more often since we'll have a lot going on and things to post about.  I'm looking forward to getting to know our new city and doing things like visiting Vancouver, going to an apple orchard, bicycling, going to Hawaii (it's only a four hour flight from Seattle), kayaking, hiking etc..

Oh, and did I mention it's not 100 degrees there?  Remind me of that when I say I'm tired of the drizzle :)

2 comments:

  1. wow Melanie somehow i missed this post--that is incredible! we've talked about seattle before...i guess the biggest drawback is the flight time to ga with kids. will be fun to read about your move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good luck with the big move!

    ReplyDelete