Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Semi Sabbatical

I'm back.  Took a short break from posting to reflect on things going on in my life.  I don't have anything too exciting to post about, unlike Regis and Kelly who are, at the moment, measuring the length of a man's beard for the Guinness Book of Word Records (7 feet, 9 inches if you are wondering).

Let's ease back into posting with a picture of our new flowers on the front porch.  After searching and searching for months for cone-shaped boxwoods (what we used to have in our front porch planters but somehow I managed to kill both shrubs last year, I know, it's a talent), I gave up.  Will and I went to the farmer's market downtown last weekend and found these beauties.  We decided that the colorful zinnias were the way to go for now (and if I kill them both, which is likely, they are less expensive to replace than boxwoods).

Oh wow, this is gross. Now Regis and Kelly are showing the record for the longest finger nails.  Google it and you will be grossed out, too.

Since I last posted, I have read a book or two.  Most recently, I finished The Hunger Games.  It was excellent.  We were supposed to have read it for book club but I didn't like the name of the book, the cover art, or the summary.  However, I kept hearing how great it was from friends and decided to give it a try.  I finished it in about two days. There are two other books in the series, so right after I finish my scuba certification reading, I'll start the next ones.

Highly recommend this book (which they are making into a movie).

1 comment:

  1. i requested it from the library--i'm like 100 in line for it! i just finished a book called tallgrass. it was pretty good (since it seems like we like the same books)

    ReplyDelete