Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's a New World All Around

Part I: Welcome to the World, Maximus Alexander Faison

Does anyone see a theme in my posts lately? Lots of babies! One of my good friends from Alabama, Courtney Holbein Faison, and her husband, Tyler, had a baby on August 22nd in Dallas.  Kind of ironic story, we grew up in the same neighborhood in Spanish Fort, AL, went to different colleges, and both ended up in Dallas, TX a few years ago.  Funny how things work out, but I'm happy to have her here with me :)  I digress...

Courtney and Tyler had a baby!  And, I got to hold him when he was not even two days old... newest baby I've ever held.  He has red hair and cute, puffy cheeks and a pouty mouth.


Part II: It's a New World Down Under for Me

No, not Australia.. down under the water! Will and I are getting scuba-certified and have just gotten the gear for our lessons.  It will take a few weekends and then we'll be certified divers.  I was sooooo happy they had a pink mask and fins :)  Perfect for me!  I'm so excited to scuba dive, I've heard it's absolutely amazing. 


PS - In case any of you outside of Dallas care, it's still about 106-107 degrees every day here. And I am getting ornery.  Seriously, very ornery.

No comments:

Post a Comment