Sunday, November 3, 2013

Vantage & Leavenworth, WA Climbing: October 2013

Once again, I've been out almost every weekend playing and have not sat down at my home computer to post photos of my adventures.  Since my last post, Will and I have been climbing a lot :)  Two trips to Vantage and one to Leavenworth, WA.  I'll spare you the write up, and the details of our camping in a parking lot trip one of the weekends.... and get to the photos.



Me climbing a chimney.



Toasty feet at our campfire.


Selfie in the tent!




Cookin' in the kitchen :)  We 'upped' our breakfast camping
game this trip and made breakfast scrambles with
fresh eggs and veggies.
Did I mention there was an AMAZING sunset one night at Vantage? It was absolutely spectacular. Plus, Will says we saw Venus.

We took Will's friend, Jonas, out climbing with us in Leavenworth for his first time outdoors.  I think he enjoyed it.  The day was so beautiful and the trees were lovely golden fall colors.  Pure happiness :)


Will feeding me rope as I climb to set up our top rope.
Leavenworth has lovely, knobbly slabs.





Will belaying Jonas for one of his first outdoor climbs.



We stumbled upon the 59'er Diner on our way home and 
had a fantastic breakfast! We were also talked 
into getting a milkshake, and let me tell you, 
it was wonderful!
Will enjoying our 8:00 a.m. Oreo milkshake
with whip cream and sprinkles!


Me setting up an anchor at the top of a route.
Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment