Sunday, September 16, 2012

Olallie Lake Hike

Yesterday I decided to test out my knees and go on an easy hike.  I've been having knee issues and got a cortisone shot to 'help' but ended up getting cortisone flare from it, so am just now starting to feel back to normal.  Anyways, the hike was really pretty and gradual elevation gain so it was perfect for the amount of effort I was looking to exude.  We parked at the Pratt Lake trailhead and hiked in old growth forest for about 6 miles total.  We passed a few waterfalls along the way and had an amazing view of Mt Rainier from our top elevation.  It was pretty amazing to look at and think 'Wow, I'll be at the top of that next weekend...hopefully!'  The weather has been great and we have a great forecast so far for our trip, so knees willing, we'll make it to the summit :)

At our high point yesterday, we looked down at Olallie Lake and even saw some signs of fall in the reddish and yellow leaves.








No comments:

Post a Comment