Monday, September 10, 2012

Gwen and The Gorge

My lovely friend, Gwen, came to visit from Dallas over Labor Day weekend.  We met at my old job about two months before I moved to Seattle.  In that two months, we became instant friends and found out that we also were in Junior League together and we lived two streets apart!  I really miss my friend Gwen and am so glad she came to visit us.

During her visit to the PNW, we went to see Dave Matthews Band at the Gorge Ampitheater in Eastern Washington.  We camped out in a field with hundreds of other fellow concert-goers, although I think since we came for day two of a three-day festival, we were with a more tame crowd.  As we drove through the camp site (I use that term loosely -- it's actually just an old cow field), there were crazy 'kids' everywhere and I'm guessing that most of them had not been sober or slept for 24-48 hours...made me think of my brother and his concerts :)  We saw lots of RV's and one guy had a lawn chair on the top of his RV and was wearing a t-shirt that said 'I don't get drunk, I get awesome.'  I had to laugh!

The concert was really good, even though we were in the nose-bleed lawn section.  The views were stunning - the amphitheater is naturally made and sits along the Columbia River.
http://www.gorgeamphitheatre.net/gorge-amphitheatre/
We all slept like babies after the concert in our little tent and awoke to a beautiful sunrise.  This was Gwen's first time camping and I think she really liked it :)














After our time at the Gorge, Gwen and I took the next day easy.  We walked around Queen Anne to all the little shops and went to Kerry Park, then got a spa pedicure.  I loved having her here and enjoying some quality 'girl time.'  Plus, she and Will (or 'Willis' as she nick-named him) got along really well.  Ironically, they never met in Dallas, so the first time they met they had to share a tent! 

 On her last day in Seattle, we did a few 'touristy' things, like go to Pike's Place market and had a cup of coffee at the original Starbucks.  After that, Gwen wanted to see where I work, so we headed over to South Lake Union and ended the afternoon with a nice lunch at Serious Pie.  It was seriously delicious.


Gwen, pretending to be me at work.



Delicious Tequila Bloody Mary
 Gwen's visit was super nice but super short!  She's such pleasant company and so fun to be around.  I'm already planning a date for this spring to go visit her in Dallas :)

Miss you, G!

No comments:

Post a Comment