Sunday, July 31, 2011

Quit Complaining

You heard me... quit complaining that you're hot.  Or that you need rain.  Am I a bit grouchy, yes, but it's validated. See below.
It only makes sense that my birthday is the hottest day of the year.  I seem to gravitate towards record setting weather days for things like my birthday, our wedding (hottest and most humid day in AL in like 100 years) etc...  Oh well, when there's snow on the ground for months and winds below zero in the north, I'll be laughing, warm in Texas.

Topic Number Two: Book Review: One Fifth Avenue  by: Candace Bushnell

A summary: bad. As in, not good at all.  As in, don't read this book, it's a waste of time. I had high expectations for this book since I love the Sex and the City series, written by Bushnell.  I'm not sure if it was the plot line or the characters or what, but it took all I had to finish the 400+ page book.  I'm not a quitter, especially with books, so I had to finish it for my own satisfaction.  If I was the type of person to give up on books easily, then I would have put it down after about ten minutes.  The only plus is that I borrowed this book from the library so I didn't waste my own money on it.

Sorry, Candace...I expected more from you.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I have TWO posts on my blog now complaining about the heat. Gotta love Melanie's "tell it like it is" attitude. Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete