Saturday, July 16, 2011

Champagne Bridal Tea

Last year I had the pleasure of meeting Katherine G. (name with held for privacy!).  We met in a commercial real estate organization for women and instantly became friends. Ironically, my husband and her fiance, work at the same place and didn't even know each other until we introduced them.  Boys...

I was invited to a champagne bridal tea at Maudee's and it was lovely.  The invitation said to wear our 'favorite tea party hat'...hum, the only hats in my repertoire are dry-wick running hats - don't exactly go with a dress.  So, I ran over to Target and picked up a white hat to go with my ensemble.  While my hat wasn't exactly daring, I hope to wear it again.  Some of the other ladies' hats were fabulous -- and of course -- Katherine's was the star of the show.  A friend of hers made it to wear to the Derby and lent it to her for the tea.  Fabulous!  Everything was so nice and well put together and I think the idea of serving champagne at a tea is one of the best idea's I've heard of in a while ;)

Thanks for a wonderful time, Katherine!
Katherine's is on the right - isn't her hat great?!



No comments:

Post a Comment