Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Fever Chase, Part Two

Ahhhhhhhhhhlabama
I went home for a visit to good ole' Alabama for some much needed R & R.  And, of course, a little race called the Spring Fever Chase'Part Two' you may be asking yourself... what was part one?  Part one was last year, before I was a blogger. 

Let me back up just a minute to my title above. I say "Ahhhhhlabama" because that is how I feel when I go there to visit.  No work, no obligations, no errands, no laundry, no cooking, no email or phone (unless I want it),...no problem! Maybe I should throw in another one in there 'no hair or makeup' (that's probably my favorite).  It's such a relaxing place to visit to get a little sun, and of course, visit my family and friends.  I can medically prove that the river is such a relaxing place to be - enter Larry's (my dad) blood pressure.  My dad's blood pressure was very high last week (when he was living in his Tennessee house, working per usual) he then drove to AL to spend the weekend with mom and me at the river.  Well, long story short, within 24 hours of being at the river his blood pressure went back down to normal... I'm talking like a 40 point drop in one day!  Maybe it's the river that is calming, or maybe it's me! hahaha

On to the photos. Below are some photos from the race and of family and friends in Alabama.
The new dock


Spring Fever Chase

The finish; Mom got 3rd place in her age group!


Pregnant friend, Jessica ... no, she didn't run!

Enjoying coffee from Page & Palette in downtown Fairhope

Will & Lindsey Richardson; me holding their son, Miles




Out to dinner at Jesse's restaurant (only time I put a stitch of make up on)

Dad kayaking mom around
***I forgot to mention that we were two minutes faster at this year's Spring Fever Chase than we were last year.  Next year, mom will dominate and win her whole age group!

2 comments:

  1. it looks like so much fun! is that where you grew up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, wish I could have been there! :)

    ReplyDelete