Thursday, March 3, 2011

Is There Art in Dallas?

Yes, there is.

Surprised? I kind of was too.  I was driving around the other day and saw a giant wooden snake being installed on a wall of a parking lot, the first time I passed it, it was just solid, unpainted wood.  The next time I drove by, it was a huge burst of color!  I was very excited to see some 'life' added to this area of town and that got me thinking 'where else is there outdoor art in Dallas?'  Obviously, there is the Nasher Sculpture center and the whole Arts District, but I'm thinking more along the lines of random pieces of art just intertwined into the city's landscape. 

I drove around this past Sunday afternoon and took a few photos of artwork that I could recall seeing in Dallas. See if you can recoginze where these pieces are!  If you know of more outdoor/random art that I'm missing, please share it with me.













 *I apologize for the quality of these photos, they were taken from a moving car and I did not photoshop them.

1 comment:

  1. These are great. Its cool what you find when you stop and look :) Makes me think of my short lived summer in Dallas and meeting up at Aquarium! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete