Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!

Happy birthday, indeed.

For my 30th birthday (yes, I know, how can I possibly be that old when I look sooo young?!) Mom and Dad came up to Seattle to celebrate.  We had a long weekend full of entertaining activities, sprinkled in with lots of presents and ice cream cake :)  Here's the run-down:

Celebration Day 1: Wednesday, July 31st
As my parents were flying up to Seattle, my sweet co-workers threw me a sweets-filled breakfast.  They had all my favorites: chocolate, chocolate, and chocolate!

Later that afternoon I picked up Linda and Larry from the airport.  For dinner Will and I took Mom and Dad to our trusty stand-by, Hilltop http://www.seattlealehouses.com/hilltop/.

Celebration Day 2: Thursday, August 1st
While Will toiled away at the office, Mom, Dad and I went to 'hike' (in the loosest sense of the word), to Salish Lodge and Spa http://www.salishlodge.com, and to see Snoqualmie Falls. On our way out to hike, we stopped for some Pho.  Dad humored me by trying something new but his face was priceless when the waiter delivered his steaming bowl of beef and noodles --- confusion and utter disappointment.  Don't let the smile in the picture below fool you, I can assure you it is an act.
On our 'hike.'  Mom picked the trail...we got passed by
old ladies walking their dogs.
Victory is ours!  We conquered that paved 3 miles!
Upon arriving to Salish, my sweet friend Gwen had arranged for some sparkling wine to be delivered to my parents and my romantic suite!  It came with only two champagne glasses... guess they didn't assume I'd be going to a romantic spa with my family!  SO sweet of Gwen!











Celebration Day 3: Friday, August 2nd
Birthday day!  I woke up feeling, well, pretty much the same as I had on my last day of 29.  I guess that's a good thing because I generally feel pretty good :)  Mom served me my breakfast of choice in bed -- greek yogurt and coffee.  I relaxed and watched t.v. in my Salish robe, ate my breakfast, and prepared mentally for the spa.  Ahh.... the life.


Mom and me in the sliding doors that open up to
the extra large jacuzzi tub... right from the bedroom.
Did I mention that this is typically a romantic get-away?

Ahhh... spaaaaa

After a delightful morning being pampered, we headed back to Seattle.  Will had arranged a birthday dinner for me at Seraphina. It was delicious.  Oh, and then we went home for presents and ice cream cake!


Do I look a little crazy in the photo above?  Well, I was wearing lots of different things that came out of my 'bag of 30.'  Mom was super creative and filled up a cute GT bag full of 30 presents...get it...30 presents because I'm 30 years old? The 30 crown is a present from Gwen.  What a lovely birthday!

Celebration Day 4: Saturday, August 3rd
For the fourth day of my birthday extravaganza, we headed up to wine country to Woodinville, WA.  We went to a handful of wineries and soaked up some lovely sunshine.  It was super relaxing and enjoyable.  On our outing we went to Januk, Chateau St. Michelle, and to Brian Carter Cellars.
Picnic and pizza at Januk



Excited patrons at Chateau St. Michelle




Celebration Day 5: Sunday, August 4th
For the grand finale festivity, we went up to San Juan Island to Roche Harbor to do a sea kayaking trip. Now, while we were supposed to see Orca Whales and did not, it was absolutely beautiful up there and we got to see a handful of animals: purple starfish, sea lions, crabs, and a bald eagle.










Well, that concludes the 30th birthday post. While it was literally all about me, I hope you still enjoyed it, I sure did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment