Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring on Queen Anne Ave and a Bonus Book Review (!)

Happy Spring!

It is kind of spring in the PNW.  I will qualify by saying that we still have cool, rainy days for the most part (and will until July), but we've also had a handful of glorious days, too.  Part of my favorite thing of moving into a new house is getting to see what blooms in the yard year-round.  This is our first spring in our house on Queen Anne and the yard has been full of surprises!  I love making 'home made' arrangements for the house with flowers and things I can find outside.

Hope you are enjoying a lovely spring wherever you are :)



 
As a 'bonus' feature to this post, I thought I'd tell you about a book I just read --- Wild by Cheryl Strayed http://www.cherylstrayed.com/works.htm.  I read this on a recent (long) plane ride to Europe...check back soon for new content.  It's a true story about a brave woman who sets out to hike the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) all by herself.  The PCT is the west-coast sister of the Appalachian Trail, but it's much more difficult and desolate.  When she sets out on her journey, her life is in shambles, she's mad at the world, and feels utterly lost.  Throughout her months spent hiking the trail she gets by on the kindness of strangers and her pure determination not to quit.   By the time she has finished, she has transformed into a different, whole person.  It's a great book; Strayed is very raw and exposes all of her honest thoughts and feelings in writing.  I highly recommend picking it up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment