Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Retirement, Dad!

I wanted to take a break from the snow for a bit and post a more recent trip.  After getting back from Europe, I took a few days off to go visit my parents in Alabama.  I needed some sunshine and warm weather!  Most important part of my trip was that my dad recently retired so we had a party for him!

Mom and I went shopping a couple of days, which of course included one of my favorite boutique stores, Private Gallery.  Other than that, I spent time hanging with the family, laying out in the sun getting a tan, and playing on the water.  The finale to the weekend was dad's party!  Mom and I spent time making decorations that were all centered around things my dad likes to do --- hunt and fish.

The big surprise of the weekend was that my brother flew in for the weekend as well --- mom and I kept this a secret from dad and Alan showed up unexpectedly and dad was quite shocked.  It was a lovely time and I always come back feeling relaxed, de-stressed, and with more color ;)  I miss my family already!




Alan looking pro.


Me...looking novice.














No comments:

Post a Comment