Saturday, February 16, 2013

February

Hello :)

No particular excitement going on this week, but did want to share a few photos.  The weather has been really nice and yesterday was the clearest day I think we've ever had since moving here over a year ago.  We could see Mt. Baker in all her glory.

We haven't lived in our house for a full year yet, so we are still learning surprises from the yard.  This week we saw a single bloom open up on a camellia tree by our front door.  It's going to be beautiful when the whole thing is flowers!

The white peak behind the tree is Mt Baker in the distance.  It's a shot from the corner of our dining room; I've never seen it before from our house and told Will our value just went up because we have a view! haha... sort-of ;)

Cascade Mountains in the distance, view from the dining room.



Peach cake I made for dinner at a friend's
house this week. It was good; I also added a
lime glaze made with powdered sugar.
Hope you are enjoying your Saturday -- I've spent mine sleeping in and piddling around the house (which I must admit, I'm very good at).

No comments:

Post a Comment