Friday, February 4, 2011

I Blame the Superbowl

The Superbowl is being played this Sunday at Cowboys Stadium; the two teams playing are the Steelers and the Packers...coincidence that we've had arctic weather this week? I think not.  I blame the Steelers and the Packers for bringing the cold and snow.

Speaking of snow, a few things I never thought I would need in Texas include: a snow shovel, ice scraper, snow tires, boots...etc.  Luckily, rather unluckily, I have lived in Connecticut* and Nebraska so I have a few basic cold-weather items to help me through this blizzard. Including, long underwear which I am wearing now (thanks Mom), orange Uggs, and an outfit Will affectionately named "Big Purple" (again, thanks Mom; Will wants to know if you can get him one in blue, he is jealous of mine).

*Some good came of living in Connecticut, I met my wonderful friend, Robin.  Hi Robin and crew!

Purchased in Connecticut

You laugh at 'Big Purple' now, but after three days of 20 degree weather come talk to me. 
I was supposed to visit family in Tennessee today but with the snow forecast being so wrong (we were expected to get an inch), I'll be rescheduling. For now I am curled up on the couch with my husband :)
*Note: my car is not in the garage because our driveway is covered in a layer of ice and snow and it can't make it up the little hill.


My sad little snow-covered car.
Happy snow day! Stay warm :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad i could teach you all that I know about snow removal and shoveling!

    Of course you knew how to make snow angels!

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete