Tuesday, August 4, 2015

The End and the Beginning

Hi  Friends,

Well, it didn't happen.  A miracle, that is.  What did happen is that Ashleigh passed away and is in heaven.  And that's the only comforting thing about the situation.  I'd like to think she and Melissa, my sister, are now friends --- you know, because they have me in common :)  That and they are both wickedly smart.  In times like this I try to think about happy scenarios instead of the brutal reality of it all.

But don't get me wrong, I've been thinking about the reality of events for quite a while and have mourned.  This is hard.  Period.  I've spent plenty of time begging, pleading, crying and literally screaming out loud for God to cure, heal, save and extend lives on this earth, not only for Ashleigh.  I don't think I've spoken about my sister on this blog publicly, not necessarily intentionally, it's not something that just comes up naturally.  She passed away when I was 19, she was 20.  A life cut way too short to say the very, very least.  This past year's events has re-surfaced all types of emotions and unanswered questions that will never be responded to as long as I'm on this earth so the best thing to do is just try not to ask.

Instead, I will focus on the positives and what I do know.  That Ashleigh lived an extremely full life.  She got 10 lives out of any one life, squeezing every moment out of every day.  I know that she was loved...a lot, and that she loved others probably even more.  And I know she believed in Jesus as her savior and that He took her to be with Him.  And that's what I'm trying to focus on.  Not the fact that she's not here with us.

I also know this - when sitting at her funeral listening to person after person speak about her it made me realize how many lives she positively impacted and that I want to emulate many of the ways she lived her life, her very full life.

Ashleigh, we love you and miss you.  You will forever be in our hearts.

PS - We know you love to throw a good party so get one ready for when I come!


http://myjourneywithibc.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment