Saturday, March 29, 2014

Off to Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

Day 4, Tuesday, February 11th: Platform 9 3/4, Cambridge University
Daily Commonality: Um, hello... you should know this one.  We both LOVE Harry Potter!

After finishing watching the latest season of Downton Abbey, Gwen and I promptly started watching the Harry Potter movies; we were getting prepared for our visit to Cambridge. At this point we had enough class from the day before to visit the Colleges of Cambridge, thankfully.  We headed out early on the tube, then on the transfer to our overground train to Cambridge, we connected at King's Cross Station and you know what was there, right?  HARRY POTTER'S station, nine and three quarters! Oh yes friends, this is where in the movies he jumps into the wall and is able to go to the train station to Hogwarts!  This was definitely a highlight of my trip, you just have no idea how excited I was, and Gwen is also a HP fan so she totally enjoyed it as well :)
One of my magnificent ceiling art shots.
This one was inspired by HP.



Equally nerdy.


If only this took me to Hogwarts.


Need a magic wand?

It took everything I had not to buy this outfit
for the visit to Cambridge.




My second piece of art. Ceiling in the train track.
So, we took about an hour-ish ride on the train through the British countryside and landed in a cold and rainy Cambridge.  Not to worry, we still went to all the colleges on our list, including King's College, Christ College, and a handful of other ones.  We also saw the Mathematics Bridge, went to an outdoor market, and saw where DNA was found!  I decided to let people, well, Gwen, know that "I went to Cambridge."  Nobody has to know that that just means that I visited as a tourist, it could mean that I actually went to college there, it's aloof enough that if you say "I went to Cambridge" people can assume what they want.  And, I'm going to apologize in advance but you're about to see a lot of photos of old buildings.











OMG, you have to watch this video. It's of a precious little old
man walking in such a Cambridge way...



Gwen, looking classy as usual.




Mathematics Bridge. Kind of un-impressive and wood.
I think they needed an Industrial Designer to help.


DNA, seriously, found right here.





Another day running around left us tired and in need of Pizza Express.  We enjoyed it while sitting on the couch, watching Harry Potter movies, naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment