Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lions, Tigers, Bears,...San Diego!

Mom, Aunt Carla and I took a mini-vacation to San Diego and had a lovely time!  We crammed in as much as we could --- here's the skinny on what we did.

Thursday 
Went to Pacific Beach for lunch and spent time laying around our resort.  We officially started the transition into vacation mode :)

Snoring... I mean, sleeping beauties.
That night we ventured over to Coronado Island.  I was super impressed, I had no idea it was going to be so cute.  We walked around the little downtown and ate dinner at a diner... my first time ever!




Friday
The next morning we woke up an had a leisurely breakfast at our hotel.  Then we headed off to the zoo for the whole day.  It was fascinating and we saw tons and tons of animals...there were so many that we could have easily spent another full day there.

Appropriately, the Queen Gorilla was named 'Jessica.'
She's a busy, professional mom with a huge appetite...
just like my bestie, Jessica!! haha

Fighting flamingos














Poop-ologist and mini Poop-ologist.
Probably overkill on the animal photos, I have so many cute ones to share!  I have to say that my favorite animals were probably the hippos, giraffes and elephants.  But I also liked the pandas and koalas.

Around eleven p.m. we finally went to get some dinner in Little Italy.
Saturday & Sunday
The rest of the time we were in San Diego, we spent doing a variety of things --- shopping, stand-up paddle boarding, Gaslamp District, lots of eating out and the most fun activity.... sea kayaking in La Jolla at the sea caves!  Sadly, I don't have photos of this to share since I didn't bring my camera in the water with me, but we totally enjoyed this and saw lots of seal sea lions.  And little fun fact for you, Dr. Seuss lived in La Jolla.


The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment