Sunday, January 6, 2013

A New Day, A New Year

2013
Every January, or sometimes December 31st if I'm feeling ambitious, I write down a list of about 10 things I want to accomplish in the upcoming year.  These aren't New Year's resolutions, per se, rather things that I aspire to do throughout the year. If I don't get to each and every one of them, I didn't fail, but isn't half the battle putting pen on paper?  I'll share my goals with you for this year and would love to hear yours.

In no particular order...
1. Heal my knees so I can run.
2. Work on my posture.
3. Maintain my current, healthy weight. (Last winter I put on a few extra pounds and am happy to say that I've taken them off).
4. Save XX amount of money, pay down XX on the mortgage...sorry, no details ;)
5. Lead climb a 5.11 A.
6. Visit a new country (going to France & Switzerland in March --- check!).
7. Cook something once a week.
8. Blog 3 times a month.
9. Read more.
10. Update our bathroom and dining room light.
11. Learn to sail.

Now that they are on paper, hopefully I'll complete at least half of them; that wouldn't be half bad!

 For last year's words belong to last year's language and 
 next year's words await another voice. 
                                                                      - T.S. Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment