Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tour of Mt. Rainier

Not the type of 'tour' you are thinking.  We skinned up to Panorama Point at Mt. Rainier, roughly a 1,400 ft. trip from Paradise and it was challenging (for me), to say the least.  It was the first time we had ever ski toured, and going up was much harder than coming down! 

There were points near the top when I was thinking 'Why am I doing this?' and 'Why is Will so far ahead of me?' but it was absolutely beautiful and skiing down was awesome. Some would classify the grueling trip up as 'Type 3 fun'.
http://www.dirtbagdiaries.com/fun_divided_by_three















Oh yeah, when we got back to Seattle in mid-afternoon, we took a picnic to Greenlake and laid out in the 70 degree sun, perfect.  And then Will took me to get frozen yogurt :)


1 comment: