Friday, June 3, 2011

Green, Purple and Pink Thumb

**Let me start this post by making a brief addition to my last post about River Route 675.  I failed to mention that one of the most unique things about my parents house is that their mail comes by boat. Yes, boat.  If you take a look at the last post at the photo with the fish windsock -- right below that is their mailbox.  Every day, a mailman pulls up to their dock in his little boat and drops off the mail, small packages are usually thrown onto the dock.  Theirs is one of the last remaining water-mail routes in the country.  Interesting tidbid, don't you think?  You probably didn't even know that people got their mail by boat in this country... now you are one step closer to being ready for Jeopardy! haha

Green, Purple and Pink Thumb
I'm sure you've heard people being described as having a 'green thumb' right?  My mother is one of those such people, however, I've decided to more adequately name her to having a 'green, purple and pink thumb.'  Her plants and flowers are all colors, shapes and sizes.  They take up every inch of the yard and decks.  She has a vegetable garden, complete with sunflowers and zinnias, and can make just about anything grow and multiply.  I have the opposite talent -- I can make just about any plant or flower die.  Unfortunately I did not get her plant-friendly genes, maybe it comes with age, like a fine wine.  If this is the case, then I'm still maturing.










No comments:

Post a Comment