Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ina Garten Comes to Dallas!

For those of you who do not know, I am a HUGE Ina Garten fan.  She is the 'Barefoot Contessa' chef on Food Network.  I have watched probably every one of her episodes (sad, I know), have all her cookbooks, and just love her recipes! 

Ina emailed me about a month ago letting me know that she was coming to Dallas for a book signing at my local Williams-Sonoma and hoped I would be there. Yes, we are on a first-name basis.  I jumped at the opportunity to stand in line for two+ hours with all her other Dallas-based fans (my co-worker, Meredith Hubble included) to get my book signed.

Finally in WS, Ina was in sight and my heart pounded with anticipation (I'm a huge dork, I know).  She was every bit as lovely in person as she is on tv, thanked me for coming, and I shared with her that I had already made the sea-salt caramels from her new book and loved them.  She responded 'Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed them'.  I should have told her I used really good sea salt!

She was in Dallas all of two hours for the signing, and by now, she's probably back with Jeffrey in the Hamptons. I'm still waiting on my dinner invitation.
 
Making sea salt caramels

I covered some in chocolate...really good chocolate

Final product - wrapped up like candy and delicious!

Ina was wearing her signature color - black
That's Meredith to my right (Ina's the one at the table)

The signed book - worth the wait!
How easy was that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment