Monday, September 27, 2010

Redman Triathlon, OKC

REDMAN
We went to OKC this weekend for a Half Ironman triathlon, the Redman.  I think they named it the 'Redman' because the lake has red clay but it could also be because the athletes become 'red men' once they finish the race!  Will neglected to wear sunscreen so his tan lines are pretty hilarious.

Will did fantastic and placed 11th in his age group out of 30 people and 80th out of 227 people overall!  His time improved 35 minutes from his last H.I.M. so that was a huge confidence booster for him.  I volunteered during the race while I waited to see Will transition and got to put the finisher's medal around his neck at the finish line.

And they're off!
I finished before Will!

Off for a 56 mile bike ride

Off for a half marathon run

Finished!!!!
And... ice bath!
Great race, great trip (no flat-tires or other incidents like last time!) and lovely weather. Proud of you, Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment